Have you noticed my previous article (Gorilla FOOD – RAW Restaurant in Vancouver (Gorilla food for people with Aaron Ash & Brandon Brazier)? I mentioned the wonderful green lemon avocado pie, which is a big hit in restaurant Gorilla Food. The recipe can be found in the cookbook – Gorilla Food subtitled “Living and Eating Organic, Vegan, and Raw”. I am going to share this recipe for a fresh, light and creamy pie! Even those who do not have the opportunity to go to the restaurant you can easily make your own pie at home. Believe me that this pie will make your day. Here it is:
1. In a food processor with an s-blade, process coconut and Brazil nuts to an oily flout texture. Set aside in a bowl.
2. In a food processor with an s-blade, blend dates and coconut oil to a toffee-like consistency.
3. Add nut mix back in and process until combined well.
4. Press dough into a 10-in (25-cm) spring form pan and chill to set (3-4 hours) while you make the filling.
16 dates, pitted
3 ½ – 4 bananas
3 tbsp chia seeds
¾ cup (185 ml) coconut oil
5 -7 avocados
1 ½ tsp spirullina
7/8 cup (210 ml) lemon juice
1. In food processor with an s-blade process dates to a toffee like consistency.
2. In blender, process bananas, chia seeds, and oil until oil has melted.
3. Combine both mixes in a food processor to thin out and dissolve dates.
4. Add avocado and spirullina and cosine until very creamy. Add lemon juice and keep processing until combined well.
5. Pour into pie crust and chill to set (3-4 hours).
Makes 1 (10-in [25-cm])
I decided to make one Lemon Avocado Pie this weekend just in case somebody will be around. Who would like to visit us?